Directions for Current Event Assignments:
Due Dates: The current event reports are due the first Friday of every month.Directions:
- Choose an article that pertains to the topic covered in your course (Earth and Space Science, Environmental Science, Marine Science)
- These articles can be found in newspapers, websites and online databases.
- To receive full credit for the current event you must include ALL of the following:
- a) title, b) source, c) date
- Summary: Give a brief summary of the article: who, what, where, when, why (At least two paragraphs)
- Scientific Communication:
A. Describe the positive and negative outcomes that may occur based on the information in your article and provide reasoning.B. State your opinion and thoughts about the article and what you read.
- Personal Connection:A. State your perspective on this news article based on your personal knowledge of the topic.B. How could this topic affect you or relate to your life?
On Friday, you will be expected to briefly summarize your article for the class. Discussions will follow.
Some Useful Websites: