Motor Vehicle Online NJ Driving Manual: http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/pdf/Manuals/drivermanual.pdf
Shore Regional High School
SAFETY (Driver Education)Expectations:
· Absolutely no food or drink allowed in the class!!
· Complete all work/take all notes and always bring something to write with.
· Stay in seat
· Keep area/desk clean!!!
· Participate in class activities
35% Tests (5 total)
20% Final Exam
25% Homework/Note Sheets
10% In-Class Activities/Participation
10% Marking Period Group Project*
There are 10 total chapters, and 6 tests for the marking period. Topics Include:
Chapter Note Sheets:Chapter Powerpoints:Project Information: Group Project
- Driving Laws and Regulations
- Safe Driving Habits
- The Driving Permit/License procedures
- Drinking and Driving laws, and how alcohol effects the body.
- Road signals, signs, and procedures
- Situational Driving information
To get your permit……
You will need to pass the state test (your final exam) with a score of an 80% or better (40 questions out of 50). If you pass this test, you will get a card that allows you to go to a driving school and complete 6 instructed hours of driving. If you are 16 years old, you may then get your permit once you complete this.
If you choose to wait until you are 17, you may take this card directly to motor vehicle for your permit.
You must have your permit for 6 months before you may take your road test to obtain your license