Name: Madison McCarthy
Role Model: My role model would be my mom and dad because they help me grow throughout my life! I love them very much and they love me too!!!
Teacher with the most impact: Mr. Mazur has the most impact on me because he is very funny, hard-working and organized. Ms. Burkley is one of the best teachers out there! She's very funny and organized, as well! I had both of them throughout all of my high school years.
What do you like most about Shore Regional?What I like about Shore Regional is the academics and the supporting friends of mine! The academics helped me grow throughout the years. My friends are like my family to me! I love them very much!
Activities: I do CASA, Chorus and Gaming Club! I have done CASA for 3 years now! I just started Chorus in high school! I started Chorus when I was at Knollwood in Fair Haven. Gaming Club makes me think that I'm in the video game truck like my trip there with Camp Excel.
Future Goals/Plans: I would be in a job and maybe having children.
Personal Quote: "I can't tell you the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran
Thoughts from her teachers...
- Madison is a hard worker who takes her studies very seriously. She always gives 100% effort. -- Mrs. Burkley (Math)
- Madison is amazing! She loves to learn and her enthusiasm is contagious!! She is also kind, caring and loving! -- Mrs. Sher (Spanish)
- Madison is a diligent student who is always willing to help others in class. She adores being part of the Shore community and such a friendly presence in the hallways! --Mrs. Cook (Science)
- Madison's growth the past 4 years has been great to be a part of. She is one of the hardest working students and is constantly improving academically. She is a leader in my classroom and is well known and regarded by the Shore Regional faculty, as well as her peers. Well deserved award!!!! --Mr. Mazur (ELA/Social Studies)
Name: Matt Altomare
Role Model: My role model has got to be my older brother Andrew. Andrew is nearly eight years older than me, and once walked through the halls of Shore. I have learned so much from him over the years. From an early age, he influenced my love for athletics and competition, which are an extremely important part of my life. His experiences with college and moving into the working world will be extremely helpful as I grow older. I hope to follow in his footsteps in the future.
Teacher with the most impact: There are definitely a few teachers who have had a major impact on me during my time at Shore Regional. Mr. Santangelo from freshman year Biology comes to mind. His style of teaching made the class extremely entertaining and informative. He taught me so much about being respectful and kind to others. Another teacher who has impacted me is Mr. Labush. Mr. Labush has inspired my interest in Psychology, a field I plan to explore in some capacity in the future. Mr. Wishart’s sophomore history class was one of my favorite classes, and broadened my interest in history. Mr. Nicol taught me for two years of math and helped me grow as a strong math student. They all incorporated comedy in their classrooms, which helped me stay engaged and helped me connect with their subjects. Ms. Ensor has been my English teacher for two separate years, and has helped make her classes accessible and interactive. Her kindness is unparalleled, and she puts a smile on the face of every one of her students.
What do you like most about Shore Regional? Shore Regional is truly the perfect place for teenagers to grow academically as well as a person. It promotes both academic learning and the ability to explore our interests. Every student is encouraged and able to get involved in various clubs and activities. It really helps us expand our horizons. Another thing I love about Shore is the small size that allows every student to create strong relationships with one another. I believe that the school provides every one of us with the ability to succeed in the future.
Activities: I am the captain of the Football Team and a member of the Boys Lacrosse Team at Shore. I am the Treasurer of National Honor Society and a member of the Interact Rotary Club.
Future Goals/Plans: In ten years I see myself working in either Business, Finance, or Psychology. I hope to find myself with a good job and living a happy life. I see myself still living in the area, but trying to travel as much as I possibly can while I’m still young.
Personal Quote: “I hate losing more than I even wanna win.” - Brad Pitt, “Moneyball”
Thoughts from his teachers...
- Matt Altomare epitomizes the concept of the scholar-athlete. Since I met him as a freshman in one of my Collegiate Writing classes, he has impressed me with his compassionate nature, his strong work ethic, and his intellectual curiosity. As a senior,.Matt exemplifies all that is special about our school community: he is caring, bright, curious, and honorable. -- Mrs. Ensor (English)