Earth and Space Science
This course is a laboratory based science class emphasizing Earth systems and Earth’s place in the universe. Emphasis is placed on modeling Earth’s interior and analyzing its role in the formation of continental and ocean floor features, modeling the flow of energy into and out of the Earth system, illustrating the life span of stars and applying scientific reasoning and evidence from ancient Earth materials to construct an account of Earth’s formation.
- Earth Materials
- Sculpting Earth’s Surface
- Forces within Earth
- Deciphering Earth’s history
- Weather and global climate change
- Earth’s place in the universe
- Be seated with materials and supplies at your desk when the bell rings.
- No cell phones.
- Follow directions the first time they are given.
- Sit in your assigned seat daily until the bell rings.
- Raise your hand to respond during discussions.
Pearson Earth Science textbook
Binder , calculator, chromebook
Students are expected to come to class prepared with all work completed. Late work will not be accepted.
If a student is absent, it is his or her responsibility to make arrangements to complete any missed assignments. Homework assignments will be posted on the board each day as well as on Google classroom. Make up work is to be handed in the following day. If a student misses a lab, he or she has five days to make up the material. If a student misses a test, he or she will have 5 days to make up the test. Arrangements will be made for any extended absences.
Current Events: 10%