In the interest of promoting a positive influence that is representative of the Shore Regional High School Community values of fair play and sportsmanship, please bear in mind that the following rules and guidelines must be observed at athletic competitions:
According to the Shore Conference of High Schools rules:
Posters, signs, artificial noisemakers and other devices shall be barred from all Shore Conference events.
The published NJSIAA responsibilities of sportsmanship states:
1. Attempts to understand and be informed of the playing rules.
2. Appreciates a good play no mater who makes it.
3. Cooperates with and responds enthusiastically to cheerleaders.
4. Shows compassion for an injured player; applauds positive performances; does not heckle, jeer or distract players; and avoids use of profane and obnoxious language and behavior.
5. Respects the judgement and strategy of the coach, and does not criticize players or coaches for loss of a game.
6. Respects property of others and authority of those who administer the competition.
7. Censures those whose behavior is unbecoming.
NJSIAA rules define unsportsmanlike conduct as a person, student-athlete or spectator who:
1. strikes or physically abuses an official, opposing coach, player or spectator
2. intentionally incites participants or spectators to violent or abusive action
3. uses obscene gestures or profane or unduly provocative language or action towards officials, opponents or spectators
4. is publicly critical of a game official, opponents and/or opposing coaches/players
NJSIAA RULES STATE THAT...“The administration of a member school will be responsible for the unsportsmanlike conduct of that school’s fans or spectators. A spectator who acts in an unsportsmanlike manner may be removed from the premises for the remainder of the event. When requested by the referee, the home management shall be responsible for the removal of spectators who become offensive.”