DEPARTMENT OF ATHLETICS
MISSION STATEMENTIt is the role of the Shore Regional High School Athletic Department to provide student-athletes with the opportunity to develop their athletic abilities to full potential while safeguarding their physical welfare in an environment that promotes both high academic standards and the development of leadership capabilities. These objectives are best achieved through a broad-based program, which provides equal opportunity for all its students-athletes regardless of race, color, age, sex, disability, religion, ethnic or national origin, or sexual orientation and which is administered in accordance with the highest principles of interscholastic athletic competition.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT
- To conduct a program that achieves a high level of interest and support of student, faculty, alumni, local community and other segments of the community.
- To employ an athletic staff of integrity, knowledge, skills and leadership qualities that enable programs of mental, moral, and physical benefit to student-athletes.
- To administer and compete in conferences with high ideals of integrity and sportsmanship.
- To provide student-athletes with adequate practice and competition facilities and proper medical supervision.
- To provide student-athletes with support systems to promote academic success and on-time graduation.
- To provide successful competitive athletic opportunities.
- To provide information for all sports to the media, on an equitable basis.
GOALS OF THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT
- To run a program that is in complete compliance with NJSIAA rules and regulations.
- Increase staff education.
- Improve assistance in communication and reporting of student-athlete eligibility.
- To support the education of student-athletes.
- Provide access to academic support.
- To continue strengthening the relationship between the high school and the local community.
- Target Shore Regional High School student-athletes.
- Target the community youth.
- Target corporate community.
- To encourage alumni interest and support.
- Communicate with the alumni.
- To enhance community within the general Shore Regional High School student body.
- Create athletics as “the” place.
- Enhance student participation in co-curricular activities.
- Develop a working relationship with the student government.
- To enhance participation within the Shore Regional High School Faculty and Staff Community.
- Involve the faculty and staff.
- Inform the faculty and staff.
- To have competitive teams at the state level.
- Set measurable standards for each program.
- Develop long range plans to provide opportunity for success.
- Ensure adequate coaching support for each program.