Freshman students should take into account the following in order to prepare themselves for their high school career and the overall college process.
- Do your best academically in your classes. Getting off to a strong start will assist you in taking the most challenging courses possible in future years.
- Meet with your counselor frequently to review grades and discuss classes for next year.
- Get involved in extracurriculuar activities (volunteer, athletics, work experience). Keep track of activities through a resume on Naviance.
- Explore careers that you may be interested in.
- Choose as challenging of a schedule that you qualify for in sophomore year.
- Secure summer employment, enrichment programs, or volunteer opportunities, etc.
- Do your summer reading. Start sophomore year on the right foot.